Financial Project Manager
As the Financial Project Manager at Raymond Jungles, Inc. you will plan and administer budgets for projects. Your duties include consulting with managers and management to determine the scheduling, budget, and scope of the projects, and preparing the team to begin. During the lifecycle of the studio’s projects, your responsibilities include tracking progress, preparing reports for other members of the company, and ensuring projects remain within the established budget.
- Analyze the project’s budget to ensure that teams use fees according to the proposed contracts fees.
- Regularly collaborate with Founding Principal, Principal, Finance Director, Managing Principal, Senior Associates (SA), Associates and their cross-functional teams to communicate the financial requirements of a project ensuring that teams execute projects on a stipulated budget.
- Monitor the cash inflow of financial aspects of all ongoing RJI projects and ensure that resources are managed adequately.
- Work with SAs to generate a list of project invoices to be issued at the end of each month. Provide to Financial Director for creation and issuance.
- Create a master calendar in collaboration with Founding Principal and Managing Principal, Senior Associates and Associates to ensure all aspects and phases of projects are properly budgeted and accounted for.
- Draft timelines and set milestones so teams can adequately use the funds planned for the projects’ tasks.
- Anticipate budget to actual revenue streams to effectively create timeline(s) for projects.
- Introduce methods that can improve the overall performance and efficiency of project lifecycles.
- Assign responsibilities and roles to teams to optimize the use of resources.
- Actively monitor the studio’s projects to ensure that they are progressing efficiently to meet the established deliverables schedule/deadlines; and that they are progressing in such a manner to remain at, or under, the established budgets.
- Ensure that the company’s departments use cost-effective methods to execute projects.
- Produce project budgetary status reports as requested/required by Management, with assistance from team leaders as necessary.
- Oversee projects relating to cash flow, financial reporting, revenue and expenses.
- Gather and analyze data to identify areas for improvement and/or develop solutions to keep projects on budget and on time.
- Establish appropriate internal controls and project governance.
- Ensure that teams submit monthly status reports/updates for projects at various phases.
- Approve and track overtime requests for deadlines and obtain approval(s) from management.
- Meet with upper management for statuses regarding production, cash flow and financial review monthly.
- Collaborate with Managing Principal, Principal and Senior Associates on timelines of new projects, and test fee proposal to determine if it aligns with expected profitability.
- Identify need for add services during weekly staff meetings, then prepare add service proposals and generate associated fees.
- Implement change management strategies, ensuring management and teams are trained and adjusted to all SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Excellent multitasker, with strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills with immaculate attention to detail.
- Clear communicator who works well across departments and teams, displaying strong analytical skills. You can explain financial patterns and trends in coherent ways.
- Ability to forecast, prioritize, plan, and recognize projects’ budgetary problems.
- Experience with Critical Path Method (CPM) and Program Evaluation Review Technique (PERT) charts.
- Proficiency in CMap, including creating reports, inputting fees, setting hourly budgets, opening/closing phases.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams).
- At least five years of experience in Landscape Architecture (or similar field, architecture, design, construction, etc.) with experience in project and budget management within these fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance.